Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Journal #2 "My Persona Text"

For my persona text, I am using my college essay for the University of Arizona. I wrote it on dance and growing up how it changed me as a person, and might have exaggerated a little too much. Picking out my persona text and looking back on my writing from a year ago made me laugh. Over the past year I have grown so much as a writer and some of the wording I used in my essay to try and impress my audience seems over the top. I think that looking back on this essay and getting a chance to analyze my work a year later really will give me the ability to see how much i have improved.

I can compare my essay to the story "Memory and Imagination". In "Memory and Imagination", the narrator tells a story in very vivid and close detail, but then looking back she realizes that not everything that she originally stated was true and she filled in a lot of blanks with details that "sounded better". When i was writing my college essay, I too filled in blanks that I could not exactly date back to with details that I thought would best please my audience. Now looking back and rereading what i wrote a year ago, i can pick out these details and analyze why i chose to write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment