After reading both Sloan's text from our book and the hypertext version, I feel like there are aspects of both texts which I like.
I like the hypertext version because it included pictures, and even though while reading I could visualize the architecture, it was still cool too see. It was effective in the way that I actual got to view the sculpture rather than just a made up depiction in my head. The links didn't bother me either, I've gotten used to reading online, so that wasn't really an issue.
Although, I liked the version in our writing as revisions book also because it included a personal aspect. I thought that the story of the girl meeting with her father's friend was really important because the reader got to hear a different perspective of what it was like growing up in that time period and surviving through that much. That part of Sloan's story added an emotional aspect and i liked the quoting that she provided.
For me, both of the texts weren't that hard to understand and were both effective. They both provided basically the same information on the history of LA and the art work. If I had to choose which would be more effective, I think i would have to go with the text in the book. The part with the fathers friend really stood out to me and even though I liked seeing the pictures in the hypertext, one doesn't really need pictures to make a story complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment